If you are facing an emergency, call 911, go to your local hospital Emergency Room or call the Crisis Response helpline (807-346-8282).

Everyone needs help sometimes. Whether it is to help with school, work, friends, mental health - that is what this site is about. We want to give you useful information about mental health, and where you can go if you want to talk someone. You don't have to deal with your problems alone.

If you are struggling with your mental health, don't forget that there is help out there, so reach out and get deserve it.


Suicide Prevention

CASP’s ultimate purpose is to reduce the suicide rate in Canada and to and minimize the consequences of suicidal behaviour.



Thunder Bay Crisis Response Service

Community based crisis response support program for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis.  The goal is to help people in distress overcome their crisis in the community.

Call 346-8282 or  Toll free 1-888-269-3100 for Thunder Bay District.

Kids talk to Kids Help Phone when kids don't know who to talk to.

A free anonymous, confidential phone and web counselling and referral service for young people of all ages.
Toll-free: 1-800-668-6868

Kids Help Phone is a free, anonymous and confidential phone and
on-line professional counselling service for youth. Big or small concerns. 24/7. 365 days a year.


Assaulted Women's HELPLINE: 1-866-863-0511

24 hour telephone and TTY crisis line for women in Ontario.


Sexual Assault Centre

Thunder Bay Sexual Assault Centre Crisis Line: (807)344-4502 (24 hours) or (807)345-0062


Kinna Aweya Legal Clinic
Provides legal advice and assistance to residents in Thunder Bay and the District, who because of poverty, geographical isolation or language differences, do not have access to traditional existing legal services.  Legal services focus on: Ontario Works problems (refusal or cancellation of benefits, overpayments. information and advice); Disability pensions (CPP) and programs (ODSP); Tenants’ Rights (Eviction, general information, Rent-Geared-to-Income Housing); Employment Insurance. Note: No advice or representation is given regarding Family Law or Criminal Law
Telephone: (807) 344-2478
Toll-free: 1-888-373-3309 

Bellwood Health Services


Discover the Freedom of Being Well, confidential assessment & treatment for alcohol drug, gambling & sexual addictions, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder/trauma & addiction

Shelter House Thunder Bay
Provides short-term relief to those in need of shelter, food, and clothing and advocates to access resources to support their transition.
Faye Peterson
Transitional support, temporary housing, safety planning for domestic violence, crisis services, counseling, outreach, advocacy, early childhood education, and support groups to women, youth and their children.


Legal Aid Ontario
Helps low income individuals and disadvantaged communities get legal assistance through a broad range of services, including legal representation for low-income people who appear in court without a lawyer, telephone and online assistance, resources, referrals and a certificate program only for the most serious cases.
Telephone: (807) 345-1972 or Family Law Offce: (807) 346-2950
Toll-free: 1-866-297-5559
Toll-free: 1-877-687-2447 (French)
TTY: 1-866-641-8867
Family Law Information Centres (FLIC)
An area in each family courthouse where you can receive free information about divorce, separation and related family law issues (child custody, access, support, property division and child protection) and referrals to community resources. Each FLIC has a variety of publications available addressing these issues, as well as guides to court procedures.
Telephone: (807) 625-1600 at 1-805 East Arthur Street
Telephone: (807) 343-2710 at 277 Camelot Street


Victim/Witness Assistance Program
Available to help if persons are involved in a criminal case either because the person is a victim of a crime because the person has been called as a witness to testify in a case.
Telephone: (807) 625-1627
Resolution Counselling Centre (Previously Roots of Life)
Provides counselling regarding many issues such as trauma, grief, loss, abuse. Fees covered by NHIB for eligible First Nations individuals. Services may be covered by third party insurance.
Telephone: (807) 344-1944
Ishaawin Family Resources
Provides outreach, counseling, support and referral services to individuals and families in and around Thunder Bay with a special focus on First Nations.
Telephone: (807) 622-5790


Ontario Native Women’s Association (ONWA)
ONWA provides social and political support to Native women and their families through socials, group and cultural activities. ONWA works with the community and provides education on concerns of Native women such as economic development and traditional healing. ONWA lobbies the government for funding, employment training, and employment placements. The organization offers the Aboriginal Healthy Babies Healthy Children to address the health needs and improve the wellbeing of children and their families. ONWA provides mental health programs (specialized mental health assessment and treatment services to Aboriginal women and their families, including children and youth when the individual is suffering emotional, psychological or behavioral difficulties).
380 Ray Blvd.
Telephone: (807) 623-3442
Toll-free: 1-800-667-0816


Kanawayhitowin: Taking Care of Each Other’s Spirits
Provides 3 handouts/resources focused on First Nations:
•Safety planning
•Identifying women at risk
•Approach to working with men who are abusive